Security systems are a lot like people. Some look impressive, but when push comes to shove, they lack the muscle or technique to do the job. Other systems just scream and wail because they are over sensitive; everyone that hears them just ignores them and goes on about their business. For a security system to work, those who want to challenge it need to know – ahead of time - that not only is your security system going to get the job done, but it is also going to have a perfect memory to help the law do its job too.
Alarm systems can make a racket, lock’s get kicked in and even when you or your staff are present, products often continue to walk out the door. Sometimes it’s your own staff that does the stealing. Sometimes they steal your time through slackness. Sometimes they cheat you with false insurance claims. Sometimes they don’t even know they are cheating and an observant manager can give a gentle reminder to the well intentioned. Symetrix delivers systems that work. Not just sometimes either. All the time. Guaranteed.
Security System Features in The Modern World
A modern security surveillance cameras and security system should:
- Not simply broadcast video, but also record it, time stamp it, index it and back it up.
- Be routable to multiple monitors, with multiple presentation options. Laptops, Desktops or Mobile Devices (including iPads, iPhones and androids) should all be usable.
- Empower the user with remote access, allowing them to inspect and control their security system, their workplace and/or home in real-time from anywhere.
- Have the capacity to detect motion, which when combined with event-stamping capabilities, takes much of the monitoring and management pain away.
- Provide the 'Best-in-Class' solutions available. Security systems are rapidly and constantly improving.
- Be installed by contractors with a Master License, ASIAL Membership & Cabling License.
- Record footage that can be used as evidence in court? This only happens when you use licenced contractors.
- Offer after sales care and a long warranty. The warranty’s length often tells you how long a provider believes their security system will work.
- High TVL resolution imagery. Systems built on CMOS cameras come cheap, but CCD cameras are better.
- Use last HD 1080p with HD cameras.
- Use CAT5E security system cabling. This enables clear crisp imagery and later upgrades. Coaxial cable suffers interference and is difficult to upgrade.
- Record using a secure, purpose built, high resolution and standalone DVR. PC Based DVR's are subject to viruses and hacking the same as any PC.
- Use H.264 Compression and a large hard drive to maximise recording time potential AND good image resolution.
- Security industry branded CCTV and technology. Just because a company makes great phones does not mean they know security systems.
- Be ‘Aussie’ tough. Japanese, Korean or American made products are tough enough to handle our conditions.
As said elsewhere, if your security system saves you just ONCE, it has provided a great return on investment. You may not have the budget of the ASIO, but you can have at least some of their technology. You can also have a priceless peace-of-mind and greater control than you have ever known before … if you create your security system right!
Give us a call, or to have us give you a call just fill in the form to the right and we will call you soon!